Cosplay, Costumes, and outfits
All outfits must cover areas of the body normally covered by a bathing suit but to include the buttocks. You will be asked to change your outfit or leave the event if your outfit is considered by staff to be inappropriate. Clothing must not reveal the genitalia of male or female, and must not be sheer enough to expose areas which must be covered.
Footwear covering the bottom of the feet must be worn inside the event.
Weapons and Props
The following items are not allowed at Emerald Valley Comic Fest:
- Any firearms or ammunition (no exception is made for concealed carry).
- Any functioning weapon, device, or toy; including items meant to be thrown.
- Live steel (an exception will be made for un-edged weapons as long as they’re sheathed and peace-bonded).
- Props wide or long enough to inhibit traffic.
- Any illegal weapon or illegal replica.
Any item or prop that could be used as a weapon, used in a dangerous manner, looks like a weapon, or may appear to be dangerous, MUST be peace-bonded when entering the event. A staff member will attach a peace-tie to your item where it must remain while that item is in the event space.
Peace-bonding will be conducted at the peace-bonding table at the front doors upon entry.
Props/weapons purchased at the event must immediately be brought to be peace-bonded, or removed from the event space. Any projectile item or live steel item purchased must be immediately removed from Convention Space.
In addition to peace-bonding requirements, the following requirements hold:
- Potentially dangerous props may only be carried as part of a bona fide costume.
- Weapon replicas or props must not be brandished or waved around.
- Replica firearms or replica projectile weapons must have a highly visible orange tip.
- Replica firearms or replica projectile weapons must never be pointed at anyone.
- Replica pistols must remain in a holster, replica rifles must remain slung, and bladed items must be kept in their sheaths, except while posing for a photo.
- Projectile items or replica firearms are allowed only if they are, or have been made, permanently non-functional.
- “Permanently” means it is not possible to repair or restore the item to functionality. In most cases this means the item must be filled with glue and all moving parts rendered immobile.